Saturday, February 6, 2021

The Cut - Shadow Talks (1981)

 


I've had a steady diet of New Wave/Post-Punk the last week or more. It's most definitely because lately I've been filling my head with some of the foulest black metal the internet could share with me. Shadow Talks is so refreshing after all of that darkness. All of the pieces fit perfectly together like a deliciously balanced meal but for your ears. Guilt-free calories. It's best enjoyed around midday, right after lunch kicks in and the clock starts dragging it's ass and makes quitting time feel like an eternity away. The stark keys and jangling guitars blow the cobwebs out of my ears and perks me up to make that final stretch for the end. But mostly it's because the rhythm section is fucking killer and I can't help but shake my ass, so there's that. It's a banger of a debut to say the least. Click below for a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment