Sunday, January 31, 2021

Cheekbone & Hirotaka Shirotsubaki - Cheekbone & Hirotaka Shirotsubaki (2019)

 


Let's end the month with another beautiful collection of ambient drones brought to you by Muzan Editions. There must be a certain level of chill an artist has exude, and I imagine they'll need to have a permanent relaxed disposition and a slight grin at all times. That's exactly how I feel whenever I listen to anything from this label. 

Featured in this collection, Cheekbone starts Side A with 4 super lush, slow burning vibes that remind me of spring rain, delicious milky tea lattes, and light jacketed walks through the woods with my Wife. It's a collection of nice droning tunes with what I imagine are a bunch of perfectly times windchimes caught in an ever-warming breeze. This shit is beautiful.

Side B continues with Hirotaka Shirotsubaki 3 track run of how I feel Sunday mornings are supposed to sound. A slow-building wall of sound that is gently guiding the sun to rise, warning us basic ass 9-5er's that tomorrow we start this shit all over again, but we might as well enjoy today to the fullest. If you're into American Football, today is also the day that you [or in my case, my wife] screams mercilessly at the television for like 6 hours. Oh, the insults are incredible. 

As previously mentioned, Muzan is offering this collection and many others on their bandcamp for a name you price fee. If you're feeling it, give them some of your coins you greedy bastards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment