Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Future Islands - As Long As You Are (2020)

 



My introduction to Future Islands was the summer of 2010 with their oh so brilliant Tin Man video. I just happened to see it in passing, while kicking it with some friends and Herring's voice was like a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale start to the 2010's. I grabbed their record and lived with it for the better half of that year. I kept up with them to the best of my abilities and have been impressed with how consistent they've been. Pumping out banger albums on average every 3 years. 

Presented here is Future Islands 6 studio release and it continues to show every bit of their strengths. Lush pop tunes, swelling ballads, and ass-shaking dance tunes. Nearly 11 years after I first saw their video I am still feeling their tunes. Grab this, and a friend, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment